Monday 8 June 2015

May Favourites!


As we have dramatically hit June already, I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about the sun coming out and feeling a lot more fresher rather than tucked up 24/7 inside with 200 books and thick pj bottoms!

That means during May I've been scouting stores finding my favourites bits to prepare me for summer and just the usual things that I have been loving, enjoy!

Firstly, after my summer hype, it's a not so summery item.. Candles, whoops
I have been enjoying my Yankee Candles from September to now and have been falling in love with the scent over and over again! They last a rather long time, I got given this jar at Christmas and feel as if I've barely scraped the top! (RESULT) I also have these really cute small ones in little candle holder Buddhas which I got from the range.
     In this photos leads me onto another favourite, these adorable indoor flowers are dotted around my house now due to the fact they are so sweet are so fresh looking. They also last a really long time (at least a couple months) I had the pot myself but picked up the flowers from usual stores like Tesco and Homebase for no more than £3. I believe it's called a Calandiva but don't quote me on that!


During May I've done a big beauty clean out and found so many products that went into the dark and got forgotten about, however, something that's always stayed a favourite is the Real Techniques expert face brush. I own a lot of RT brushes although this by far is my favourite, it's perfect for anything (I usually use for foundation but also works amazingly with concealer, highlighter, and contouring) £9.99 from boots and other stores such as superdrug and Asda. Another beauty product which I have recently found in my makeup trunk (trunk is such a weird word?!) is my Clinique Blush compact in 120 Bashful blush. It's slightly coral toned and musty pink with a slight shimmer. It's absolutely perfect for summer and looks amazing with or without a tan! Comes with a decent sized mirror and a small angled brush (which o actually use for contouring!)





Another favourite of mine which I have actually rediscovered are the Benefit lip glosses which I got in a set. They contain 6 mini sized lip glosses. (Dallas, Coralista, Hoola, Sugarbomb, BellaBamba and Dande) My favourites at the moment are definitely Sugarbomb and Hoola; they look great over Mac Faux and Mac Mehr if you want an added shine to them without having sticky foul tasting lipgloss! My favourite colours are a very muted pink and adds a slight tinted glaze which is nice rather than a full pigmented gloss. They add a lovely shimmer which isn't over the top at all!
Another favourite that I re-bought from superdrug in the sale for around £10 is the Loreal Sublime Bronze fake tan in light to medium. It's basically a gel which you squirt onto a mit and run into all over your body. I use the St Tropez mitt. It's buildable and doesn't smell as vile as some tans. It's a really healthy looking glow and lasts a few days before it needs a top up. I grabbed mine from superdrug whilst it was on offer but it's normally just over £10 which for a tan is about an average price, however look out for deals!



My last favourite are these gorgeous ESSIE metallics which I've repurchased, one has a blue tint the other is pink tinted which admittedly is slightly more shimmered compared to the blue one which is a lot more metal. They last ages, only really need one coat and look amazing in terms of colour (Just like in the bottle) They work great for all year round but for summer I would prefer my favourite greeny blue in 'naughty naughtical' which I've picked up sample sizes off a few times. It's also shimmery with silver specs in which make it so light, summery and fresh looking!


-Niki27x-

1 comments:

  1. I have just discovered a love for benefit, I just bought their Oxygen foundation, so nice!! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)
    http://romanblondie.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

© - Niki27x -, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena