Thursday 3 September 2015

August Favourites

Me being me decided not to film my favourites for YouTube because not only do I not have the capability and software to do so, but the thought of trying to film it and upload it seemed a bit daunting (I'm not great with technology)

Which is why I'm here writing my August Favourites and telling you about many of the things I've found useful and overall have just loved for the past month.

There's three parts to this video, beauty, home and clothes/accessories, so instead of babbling on I'll get stuck into it (I like my posts to be chatty as if i'm actually talking to you, sorrry!)

BEAUTY

My first HAS to be the L'Oreal Telescopic Lash Mascara, I haven't gone to any other mascara since, two coats of this and my lashes are full, long and so voluminous (is that a word?) ALL DAY. This is also under £15 too and after trying mascaras from Smashbox, Benefit and Dior, I might as well just keep going with this because not only is it affordable but it's so worth its money. PLUS I never see any hype about this mascara; I don't know if this works well on just me or if I haven't been seeing anything because I don't look hard enough. I've inserted a picture of it on my lashes (With no eyeliner) so that you can see how well it works on my lashes; which are actually very short anyway.

NEXT favourite as I'm keeping with eyes is something that I've loved for many months now, the Maybelline colour tattoos, I have four, two of which are shimmery colours and two which are plain matte colours. My favourite, as always, is the shade On and On Bronze which is a gold tone brown with a shimmery finish. It stays put all day without fail and is build-able whether you want a subtle shimmer or if you want a rather opaque eyeshadow colour. These are also under £5 and boots usually have a 3 for 2 offer so why not pick up 3!

Next is something I've been using on my brows which is actually perfect. It's an eyeshadow I use to fill in my brows, as I have quite sparse and light brows, this colour is perfect as It still looks natural but you can style your brows to however you like them. I use MAC Coquette which is a muted medium brown with a slight grey tone so it's not a brassy colour at all (which is what I was trying to avoid!) It stays put pretty much all day until the end when I take my make-up off where it can look at little faded, however that's still a 14/15 hour wear which can push longer depending on how you apply it. I paid around £13 for this which is quite a lot for a single eyeshadow but seeing as I've barely touched the surface and I use it everyday. it's definitely a win for me! Well done MAC!

A product which I can barely call a favourite as I purchased it in the last week of August is the Smashbox duo of a blush and highlighter. I will admit I haven't used the blush as much as the highlighter but the couple of times I have used it I loved it (although it's very pigmented so I have to use a light brush) The highlighter however is amazing, it's a dark pearl coloured pink and could pass a blush but for using it to highlight I am SO impressed. It's shimmery but does look great with my skin tone and really does the job for the whole day. It also looks lovely with another original favourite which is the Soap and Glory Solar Powder (a bronzer/contour duo compact) there's two shades one being light and slightly shimmery and one which is a darker/warmer brown (matte) as well as the Smashbox duo, it lasts well and looks lovely with my skin tone.

I also believe they have new packaging for Solar Powder, thank goodness. I like  their idea of using paper and cardboard packaging but until it falls apart, it's not so great.. (Mine is pretty battered now)


Last beauty favourite is 3 lip products, again one which is my well loved MAC Faux lipstick, I've already re-purchased this because I wear it so often and I need a back-up for when it runs out but it's a pinky nude and has a satin finish which means it's not matte but not glossy and has a texture which fits perfectly in the middle. The longest lasting lipstick I've got from MAC and anywhere else really and at £15.50 it really is worth the money. The other two are the Clarins Instant light natural lip perfectors in the nude brown shade and the pink shade, they formulate like glosses but are slightly thicker and wear a lot longer. I really like these for keeping my lips moisturized and to wear on their own or over the top of a matte lipstick



.
HOME

Candles, candles, and more candles. It may be 'Summer' but here in the UK it doesn't seem it and as we're slowly but surely moving into autumn I cannot wait to be burning candles by the dozen. I haven't tried many brands of candles other than ones from little home stores I go to such as Dunelm (no idea if this is anywhere else) and Yankee, and of course, Yankee wins!
My favourites scents are definitely Baby Powder/ Clean Cotton/ Midnight Jasmine and Fluffy towels. As you can probably guess I like the fresh and clean sort of scents and I have the sampler size of them which actually burn for hours! I prefer this size compared to the jars as they keep their strong scent and you can swap them for different fragrances when you've used up the others,  They're also only a pound in ASDA so they're so incredibly cheap (although they don't do all of the scents)


Another favourite which might seem odd is actually this little house plant I picked up from homebase (you can get them from tesco, asda, anywhere really) and being only £1.50-£4 they last a good couple of months. It looks lovely on my window sill with my candles and just makes the room look a lot fresher, so weird or not, I love it!






CLOTHES/ ACCESSORIES
Black Chelsea bootsThe first thing is these pair of chelsea boots I picked up from River Island, sadly they're not leather but despite that hopefully they will last a little while. They were £38 which for a pair of boots is great, leather or not. They just plain black and have an elasticated part to put them on and off which is a lot more efficient to slip on whenever rather than sitting for hours to tie up a pair of shoes. They're also SO comfy, I can do a full day of work in these without sitting down and my feet will barely be hurting by the end which isn't usually the case for me and heeled boots. WAHOO!

The last favourite is thin scarves, great for winter and for summer which is why I have a draw full of them. My favourite is definitely the one my mum got for me from NYC which is black and white and looks so nice which plain dresses or a casual outfit to make it look like you actually made an effort. Most clothes shops do these so It's best to see what ones you can find around.




Have a good September!
N x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

© - Niki27x -, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena