Tuesday 29 September 2015

Autumn Base For Make-up


As it's slowly making its way from a summer we didn't really get; to hopefully a cool crisp autumn, it means I can put away the light make-up and bring out something a little heavier and full coverage. In summer I still wore a much loved smokey eye and cat eyeliner but the thing I change is definitely my make-up base which is why I wanted to post a few of my favourites products and what sort of things I wear as it gets brisk and cold outside.

In summer I would wear my Mac Studio Fix foundation on its own but as I want something with a bit more coverage I mix it with the Loreal Infallible 24h foundation. They not only do a nice selection of shades for my 'going-to-be' pale skin but a decent sized container with a very handy pump. My shades at the moment are NC15 and 125 Natural Rose (which is a tad dark without fake tan)

I use a pump of each after using a primer. Admittedly I am still looking for a primer which I love, therefore experimenting with a few I use the Body Shop Insta-Blur for my 'non-dry skin days' and the No7 instant illusions primer when my skin is dry, especially as it's getting cooler my skin is prone to dry in the cold weather. The Benefit Porefessional is brilliant however, I am currently out :(
After blending my primer mostly into my T Zone and chin, I blend my foundation in using the expert face brush by Real Techniques. This is my favourite brush from Sam and Nicks range and I feel does the best job for applying foundation.

After foundation I always conceal under my eyes, red areas and spots. To do this I stick with my old reliable collection concealers as to be honest I haven't really tried many others that I like. I use the shade 'fair' for under my eyes and around my nose and I use the shade 'cool medium' on spots and any other areas where I need maximum coverage. I've heard good things about the Nars Creamy Concealer and the Mac Concealers which I will definitely be trying out very soon. 

If I don't want too much of a dewy base, I'll powder with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent as it's natural and not completely cakey, i'll apply that all over my face with my Real Techniques Powder Brush going sparingly on above my lips and tip of nose . Otherwise I'll go without (which is what i'll usually do) and go straight into blush, contour and highlighting!

That however is for another post... 

N x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

© - Niki27x -, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena